Industrial and systems engineers make things better in any industry — from automobile manufacturing and aerospace, to healthcare, forestry, finance, leisure, and education. The Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers, founded in 1948, helps its members improve complex organizations around the world and across industries. Throughout their careers, members turn to IISE for tools and connections that provide an integrated and systemic perspective to business challenges. Solving complex problems is our common objective.
The Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers, IISE, the world’s largest professional society dedicated solely to the support of the profession, is an international, nonprofit association that provides leadership for the application, education, training, research, and development of industrial and systems engineering.
What is industrial and systems engineering? (IISE official definition)
Industrial and systems engineering is concerned with the design, improvement and installation of integrated systems of people, materials, information, equipment and energy. It draws upon specialized knowledge and skill in the mathematical, physical, and social sciences together with the principles and methods of engineering analysis and design, to specify, predict, and evaluate the results to be obtained from such systems.
IISE is recognized internationally as:
- The leading provider of cutting-edge continuing education in industrial engineering.
- The acknowledged source of productivity improvement information via the Internet, publications, and live events, including an annual conference, topical conferences, and technical seminars.
- An invaluable source of member benefits that include a magazine, professional development programs, an online career center, networking communities, chapters, and affinity programs that save members time and money.
- The only association that supports the profession of industrial engineering and promotes an increased awareness of the value of industrial engineers.
- The only association that supports accredited industrial engineering programs through the ABET Inc.
To provide knowledge, training, networking opportunities and recognition to enhance the skills and effectiveness of the industrial and systems engineering profession and those individuals involved with improving quality and productivity.
To learn more about IISE, visit: http://www.iise.org/